I decided to rename those notes with a more fitting, more honest designation.
Welcome to the Not At All Weekly Notes, aka Naaw notes.
Now, for an opening to those notes, here is the story of a developer trying to achieve something during his month in the moutains.
I a have a little pet project I want to make, which is basically a mix of Huggin for a backend composed of multiple reporting agents and a central brain, and TweetDeck (and I mean, TweetDeck as it was before being bought by Twitter) for an hypothetic frontend. I'm still toying with the architecture and looking for a good starting point. This is when procrastination appears on stage.
- Eager to try ApiPlatform, reading all the documentation, trying a few things, playing with the schema-generator.
- schema-generator is a really great idea, I should read more about schema.org. And watch videos.
- Oh, so there are other namespaces available to generate schemas from. I should probably learn about this.
- A lot. For everything. I should probably stick to schema.org.
- Before defining some schema, let's find a unifying format to gather all my internet social stuff, the fediverse is probably using something like that.
- Deep in ActivityStreams and ActivityPub.
- There seems to be a lot of implementations already, I could explore those a bit.
- It's a joyful mess.
- There are a few PHP libraries implementing some of what I would need, but I'd like to do my own thing on this.
- Oh wait, there's a file describing all the datatypes and relationships for ActivityStreams2, maybe I can use it with schema-generator.
- Nope, some namespaces are hardcoded in the generator, and my file is using some
owl:stuff. I can either try to convert my file, or fork schema-generator and extend that part to be more flexible. Let's fork !
- What's an .owl file anyway ? Oh no.
- Oh no no no.
- And what is the difference
- Wait, what's an ontology ?
- VSCode is quite slow on my cheap 2016 Chromebook, maybe it's a good opportunity to try a VI variant again.
- Neovim looks nice.
- SpaceVIM on Neovim, let's do this.
- Python version problems ? Hu. Let the struggle begin.
- Strange characters on any instance of vi. Tried everything,
:set guicursor=did it for me.
- Still can't make deoplete work.
- Ok fuck it, back to a slow VSCode and actually coding stuff.
- I don't enjoy tweaking that generator, it's a bit too obscure for me. Maybe I should just rewrite one.
- But staying compatible with this one.
- And it should implement some interfaces to be able to generate code from nette/php-generator or zend-code, not only twig templates.
- And generate its own validators on constraints depending on the domain and range declared in my ontology.
- This is a bit complex, maybe some other people have done it in other languages ?
- Sorry, what ?
- A semantic reasoner is a thing ?
- Oh look, a paper describing a more efficient algorithm for this, maybe I can find a few tips in it.
- Didn't understand a word. I should have stayed in school.
- Drowning the pain in peanut butter
I'm still coding that schema/code generator.
In other news
- Another Ethereum 2.0 Testnet has Launched. What’s next for Ethereum?
- 9 Things You Didn't Know About Ethereum 2.0
Ready to stake !
- Excellent thread on the history of peeing and pooping in space
- You (probably) don’t need ReCAPTCHA
I've been stuck in a recaptcha loop long enough to hate it already.