Back on the old continent ! It's nice to be able to walk in the streets without sweating.
And I was reunited with my dear motorbike, going right away into a little Tour de France.
I still have a bit of time until I run out of money to eat, so I'm indulging myself into this foggy process of defining and finding an ideal job, or even creating it. Mixing technical challenges, good team, good salary and ethics, is clearly not something I'm gonna solve in a day. Not that there's any lack of jobs in the industry, but if you consider fossil energy companies as a no-go, medical companies as shady, banks as too powerful and irrelevant, the possibilities get a little bit thinner. And then there's the full remote habit I got during these last five years, I don't see how I would do without it now.
But enough rambling, gotta work on my resume (it's multilingual, multi-audience, fitted with easter-eggs, and will never be done at this rate) !
- Takanakuy: Peru’s Fist Fighting Christmas Tradition
(...) the annual tradition of getting together as a community, and beating the snot out of each other to settle old grudges (...)
- Feeling bad about feeling bad can make you feel worse
We found that people who habitually accept their negative emotions experience fewer negative emotions, which adds up to better psychological health
- How your brain invents morality
A fascinating interview about the neurobiological roots of morality and empathy.
- In a first, scientists pinpoint neural activity's role in human longevity
Neural excitation linked to shorter life, while suppression of overactivity appears to extend life span. Quiet the monkey mind to live longer ?
- The ultimate flexbox cheatsheet
Currently working on my resume, trying to understand the last CSS cool tricks.
- App Analysis: Bird
Or how to trigger any electric scooter alarm in your neighborhood.
- Security: HTTP Smuggling, Apache Traffic Server
Just learned about HTTP smuggling, request splitting and cache poisoning.
- WIFIonICE in conflict with Docker
On Deutsche Bahn WiFi using a similar IP range than docker: tl;dr WiFi doesn't work because you have Docker installed on your laptop! Shutdown Docker and surf happily ever after.
- The Lines of Code That Changed Everything
Nice article on historic pieces of code.
- Zcash’s Halo Breakthrough Is a Big Deal – Not Just For Cryptocurrencies
It's also worth reading an ELI5 of Zero-knowledge proof stuff: Explain Like I’m 5: Zero Knowledge Proof (Halloween Edition)
- Stop using ridiculously low DNS TTLs
- Two AI Fight for the same Parking Spot
And they never learned to give up.
- People who put up Christmas decorations early are happier, according to experts
Christmas tree already up ? You do you !
- Why the fuck was I breached?
Bullshit excuse generator.
- Analogue Pocket
Pocket is compatible with the 2,780+ Game Boy, Game Boy Color & Game Boy Advance game cartridge library
- Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards - 2019 finalists
With some really great pictures.
- MAMMÚT - Forever On Your Mind (Official Audio)
New Mammùt single <3
- L’Université ne doit pas laisser entrer les imposteurs
Et tout le bien que je pense de L. Alexandre.